More Ways To Help Japan
If you’re (still) looking for (more) ways to support the relief efforts in Japan, here are some options:
Survivors of the quake and tsunami need socks, and Socks for Japan is sending care packages directly to shelters. How much does a jumbo bag of socks set you back at Costco? Hardly anything.
Next Tuesday, March 22, Sprinkles is donating 100% of proceeds from their Red Cross Red Velvet cupcakes (pictured above left). Take a few dozen to the office with you and set them next to a donation jar to collect extra money. See if your employer matches charitable donations. Via Food Lush
If you’ve seen and were touched by the story about the dog (you know what I’m talking about if you’ve seen it), here are some ways to help Japan’s animals.
Donate money via iTunes, your Yahoo homepage, you favorite group coupon site, and via text:
- American Red Cross. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Convoy of Hope, Inc. Text TSUNAMI to 50555 to give $10.
- GlobalGiving. Text JAPAN to 50555 to give $10.
- The Salvation Army. Text JAPAN to 80888 to give $10.
- International Medical Corps. Text MED to 80888 to give $10.
- Mercy Corps. Text MERCY to 25383 to give $10.
- Save the Children. Text JAPAN or TSUNAMI to 20222 to give $10.
- World Vision. Text 4JAPAN or 4TSUNAMI to 20222 to give $10.
- The Canadian Red Cross Society. Text ASIA or ASIE to 30333 to give $5.
- The Salvation Army in Canada. Text QUAKE to 45678 to give $10.
You can help.
Tags: japan relief